Saturday, December 1, 2012

Distress Ink Storage Unit

Recently on a blog that I follow, a fellow PITA, made a swivel holder for her Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads.  Following her instructions and video I completed the Ink storage unit  from Jen's Joint ---Thank you for the tutorial- This is the original Distress Ink Storage Unit link http://www.ozegran.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/distress-ink-storage-unit-finished.html if you would like to make the Distress Ink holder also.  I have a few pics of how it all came together.




Her original project did not contain the box on top.  I added it so I would have a place for my Distress ink refill bottles, basically so I can find them when I need them.  I am really enjoying my holder, it sits right on the desk beside me. Now that my inks are so handy, I seem to be using them on every project.  Below is just some of the items I used to  make this project:

DCWV - paper stack The Luxury Stack (an older stack)
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Inside the original little boxes was sprayed with Adirondack Espresso Color Wash by Ranger (I am now in love with this stuff, I bought a couple of bottles at the Ranger Warehouse sale just to play with them and now I am hooked)
A swivel base, I purchased at Home Depot for about $6.
Pearls from the Pearlescent Goodie Box from the Estate Collection
MS Trellis Loop Trim Punch
MS Beaded Lace Edge Punch
MS Lace Doily Punch

I will tell you that it does take an entire large bottle of the Scotch Quick dry to make this, and I used large clamp clips to hold the boxes together while they dried.

This was not a hard project, just time consuming waiting for glue to dry.  But I do love the outcome.
Hope you decide to make one too, if you do, share the pics.  Until then, Happy Scrappin'

 

1 comment: