Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Handmade Paper Beads

Hey guys, recently I have wanted to make my own hat pins for the covers of my scrapbook mini albums, one of the things needed to do this was beads. Well, after purchasing a few from  Micheals, I know that it is not efficient price wise.  So I decided to try to make my own from paper.  Here is how my first ones came out, I think they look pretty darn good for a first try.  I'll post them again when I finish them in a hat pin and use them on my album.  Don't they remind you of glass beads (and to think all it cost me for the materials was $6.00 to buy a pack of sharpie markers all the other materials I already had on hand)

Materials used:
     tooth picks - to hold the beads while they dried ( I stuck them into some packing from one of my
                           purchases from HSN so they could stand and dry overnight)
     white cardstock cut into strips
     1 pkg. different color sharpie markers
     scotch Quick Dry adhesive
    Inkssentials - Glossy Accents  - to give them the glass look
    a very small paint brush










Aren't they beautiful? Ok, I'll see you soon, until then Happy Scrapping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment